There are two things that I love about Netflix-
- The ability to watch a full episode without a single commercial
- The fact that I can watch episode after episode and go through an entire season in a
I’m coming to that point that I’ve watched so many great shows that I don’t know what to watch next! So I figured I’d open up the conversation to talk about our favorite shows so we can share and discover new ones to watch. Personally I love crime shows, suspense and thrillers, historical dramas and family shows. Netflix Originals are really good and I’m really into British dramas.
After scrolling through my watch history, here are my top five series on Netflix-
- Parenthood- I’m still in denial that this show ended. I loved how relatable the show was, the real-life scenarios, the struggles and family dynamic. Great show to watch with your partner and discuss episodes with and how they relate to your own relationship and family life.
- Dexter- I know the show ended a while ago but I’m not going to lie, this is one of my all time favorite series. I had a love hate relationship with Dexter. The serial killer with morals…
- The Last Kingdom- Since Vikings isn’t on Netflix this is a close second. It’s about a boy watching his father being killed in battle and being taken by the Vikings that defeated his father.
- Peaky Blinders- A show based in Birmingham…England in the 1920’s. The story of four brothers running their own business and all that comes with building an empire.
- How I met Your Mother- What’s not to love about this show?! You can’t help but fall in love with the characters and their witty lines will crack you up several times throughout the episode.
My mom is a Netflix lover as well so I had her give me her top 5-
- Law & Order SVU- This show, many times based on true events, pulls at your heartstrings in more than one way… the pain of the victims and their loved ones will break your heart but the dedication and care shown by law enforcement will uplift you.
- Criminal Minds- These FBI special agents work tirelessly to find the “unsub” & bring them to justice no matter what the personal cost.
- Happy Valley- This show about loss, love for the job, depression & so many other emotions humankind deals can definitely be a tearjerker… it reminds me to be grateful for all the good things I have in life.
- The Killing- If you like a “dark” show with plot twists then this is definitely the one for you, it will keep you coming back for more!
- Call the Midwife- A show based in London in the 1960’s about the Nonnatus House midwives. A show that speaks of love, friendship, family, dedication and coming into your own.
Share your favorite Netflix series in the comments and let us know why you like that show so much!