Originally I was going to include a few excerpts of an article I found and “reblog” it so to speak. It became a stream of consciousness writing prompt I wasn’t expecting and have decided to share that with you. At the end you’ll find the link I was going to share initially. I hope you enjoy this story of synchronicity.
One of the biggest synchronicities for me right now is my blog itself and this is how it came to be and what has come thanks to the synchronicity at play…
- I gave blogging a second try because I had been thinking it had been a while since I’d journaled. I love writing but I wanted to do something different, I just wasn’t sure what. A couple of days later my husband asked why he never saw me write anymore and why I didn’t keep my blog up… A few days later I started blogging.
- Blogging lead to me participating in a blogging challenge for the month of February called Love is in Da Blog. One of the weekly themes was Mindful Mondays. I had already been trying to meditate regularly but this approach of mindfulness somehow made it easier. I began meditating in the morning and sharing my experience on my blog for the Monday prompt.
- That lead me to reading a blog post about mindfulness that mentioned the Akashic Records (something I’d never heard of!). Later that very day I saw a flier in a natural health store with a weekend seminar I often refer to as my “meditation retreat” when blogging about it. We did a whole lot of meditation but the information on the flier was about Akashic Records.
- While at this retreat I felt like my life was going to change, I was going to start walking in my destiny even though I wasn’t quite sure what that was. My mom sent me an email about a 12 week course on developing your intuition with the focus on discovering your life purpose… I signed up and before the course even started, I got a clear message during a meditation of what my life purpose was (I’ll give you a hint, Life Coaching is part of it).
- I started a crowd funding page to try to raise the funds to get my Life Coaching certification. I didn’t want to be overwhelmed so I put the total funds needed for the certification as my goal to raise the money for and just hoped I could get enough to apply for the first course and I’d figure out the rest later. Two weeks before the first course started I had received contributions almost to the dollar of the cost of the first course. I was able to enroll and complete the first course.
- A week after I finished the foundation course, I figured I needed to start getting creative to raise the funds for the hefty second part of the course. I was inspired to write a letter to a particular person and they wrote a check on the spot for the entire balance of the tuition cost!
- This sponsor is a very generous person and inspires me to be more generous. As a thank you for their donation, I will donate services to an organization of their choice. How is this a synchronicity? I’ve been wanting to volunteer somewhere lately but haven’t prioritized the time to determine where.
- Somewhere in the middle of all of this, I was inspired to start a challenge. It wasn’t intended as a blog challenge but that is the venue I’m presenting it in. I was inspired to do something to help create an awakening, a journey of self-discovery, and a path to connect people. The Kindness Challenge was created from this and presented in the place that I have the most contact with people that can spread the word to their people, the blogosphere.
- I was exploring the option of paid writing opportunities and wondered if I should just stick to my blog (no I don’t generate funds here) or seek out paid writing opportunities. I’ve been contacted twice about writing opportunities recently. Neither has been a paid option but it answered my question of if I should stick to just writing for my blog or not.
So whoever finds my blog (or the Kindness Challenge) I always take it as a synchronicity. There’s something that drew your attention, some particular thing that made you want to read. It’s not because my blog is so great (let’s face it, it’s one in hundreds of thousands! Millions?) there’s nothing extraordinary going on here. It’s because you were meant to read or see a particular thing on a particular day. Maybe it’s happened, maybe it’s happened several times, maybe it has yet to happen. I receive several comments and emails about how strange it was that you read a post when you did, or how you were just thinking of something similar or how funny it was that you happened to come across my blog. I hear you and I want you to know whenever I write a post, I always ask that it finds the person that needs it when they need it most. So it’s no coincidence that you found me or that I found you or we found each other. This is why I value every like, comment and follow because for some reason we were meant to be connected. Why else would we have found each other in this bloggosphere with so many blogs?
So there you have it, just like that my secret is out! I believe in synchronicity and sometimes I ask for it in signs of threes just to be sure that the first two weren’t coincidence (even though I no longer believe in coincidence). Sneezing when a firework goes off must surely mean something somewhere along the way, I just haven’t gotten to the point that ties everything in yet… 😉
This article caught my eye- a synchronicity in itself no doubt! A friend posted an interesting video on Facebook. I decided to look at the page that originally posted the video (something I rarely do…if ever) and the first think that caught my eye after a quick scroll was this article! Below is an excerpt from the article that prompted me to share my serendipitous side with you! You can find the full article here.
Synchronicities are a sequence of more than one event that coincide with each other and have significant meaning related to each other. These events would appear on the surface to be just chance, but are in no way a coincidence.
Feel free to share your story of synchronicity! Have you ever thought synchronicity was in play in your life? Can you think of recent examples? Does something seem a little less like coincidence and a little more like a synchronicity? Do you follow the signs? How many synchronicities does it take for you to realize it’s a sign? Do you find the more you see them the easier they are to follow?