Thank you Ana for nominating me! Sorry it took me so long to publish this. I wanted to put thought into my answers, questions and nominees… took longer than I anticipated. I had a lot of fun with this and with so many great questions you asked, it made coming up with my own pretty tough!
My answers to the 10 questions asked of me-
What’s your favorite pastime (hobby)?
I’d have to say blogging seeing as I don’t have much time for much else now that I write a post a day 🙂
If you had to choose between a book, a song and a movie, what would you choose? Why?
This is a really tough call and one of those times that I’d say “it depends on the moment”. On a Friday night I’d definitely opt for a movie. On a Saturday I’d go for a song to keep me dancing while I clean and on a lazy Sunday afternoon nothing better than a book to keep me company 😉
What is your ideal lover like?
Oh my! Let’s see. Physically, like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (sorry babe, she asked!) with the voice and moves of Bruno Mars (love me some Bruno!). Personality-wise, hubby takes the cake. Easy going, funny, doesn’t let things get to him, and like a good Libra balances me out. Dependable, supportive, hard working, responsible, a great listener and confidant.
What’s your life dream?
Funny enough I recently discovered what I want to be when I grow up! I want to be a life coach to provide support and guidance to those that need it.
What’s your ultimate goal with your blog?
To build a community. I’d like it to be a place where people can come read posts that motivate and inspire them and engage in conversation with others. I’d rather have a handful of interactive followers than thousands that read a post and never come back.
What’s your favorite book or movie?
This is a tough one. What genre? All time favorite book would probably have to be The Giver. Favorite movie…I’ll go with my childhood favorite La Bamba.
What do you daydream about?
Having a big family and everything that comes with it. Large gatherings with lots of laughter as we eat. Game nights, singing, more laughter and being together. Curling into bed at the end of a long day with arms and legs sprawled all over the place, cuddles and kisses and no need for blankets with all of the people snuggled up to one another.
What was your favorite fairytale as a kid?
I didn’t so much like fairytales as I did legends. I loved learning about the constellations and the stories people all over the world told about them. It fascinated me, and still does to this day.
What’s your favorite word?
What’s your favorite place in the world? Tell me a little about your reasons for the choice.
Besides home, Australia. Although I haven’t been yet, it holds a special place in my heart. My mom lived there as a child and some of her fondest family memories are there. I’d love to go with her one day and see the beautiful country that she called home as a child. I’d love to try and help her find the house that she lived in and see what it’s like to see it as an adult to see how it compares to her childhood memory from the last time she saw it so many years ago.
Here are my 10 nominees. I understand not everyone is into the awards, no pressure. If you are so inclined, please see the rules of engagement below the nominee section. Drum roll please… Listed in no particular order as they are all great in their own way, I invite you to check out the following blogs-
4. theutopiauniverse is a blog that offers great insight and topics that I find particularly interesting such as the universal laws. Check out this post that covers two of the seven universal laws (check out parts 2 and 3 for the other laws).
10. Kim Richardson a blogger that I have really connected with since we first met a couple of months ago. I love where her posts take me and being able to see places through her lens that I have yet to go. One of my favorite posts.
Rules of Engagement should my nominees choose to participate-
(Please link back or let me know in the comments if you participate so I can check out your post!)
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank your nominator- in this case, Niki over at The Richness of a Simple Life
- Share the award on your blog (save my image, or find one online, there are plenty!)
- Answer the 10 questions Niki asked you
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees who have less than 300 followers (if I nominated you and you have more, please don’t be offended, not all follower counters are easy to find)
- Notify your nominees
10 Questions for you to answer-
5 writing/blog related questions-
- What did you write before you started blogging? (Journal, short stories, nothing…)
- Who did you first share your blog with?
- Who do you hope reads your blog most or who do you hope doesn’t? (Be sure to specify which you answer!;) )
- How long do you typically spend creating a post from start to publish?
- Do you secretly hope for a post to go viral? Why or why not?
5 random questions-
- What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
- What takes smell takes you straight back to your childhood?
- If you had to move today, no questions asked to another country, which would it be and why?
- If you could live in any time period (other than the present) what would it be and why?
- If a movie were to be made about your life, what would it be called and who would play you in the movie?
I know some of them are two part questions, but I didn’t want 10 one word answers so I wanted to be sure I coaxed the words to flow!
Thank you again Ana for thinking of me, I’m honored!