I’m torn. While I’m honored that my blog would even cross another blogger’s mind to nominate me, I also feel a little mischievous and naughty because I’ve already been nominated for this award once. Then I’m like eh, that was last year, awards ceremonies are annual so what the heck I’m accepting this bad boy! So thank you Moose and Michelle for thinking of me, I appreciate it. Make sure to check out this post in which they nominated me among other blogs you have to check out to add to your reader. You know I’m all about the blog love so enjoy twice the amount!
So here’s the deal with accepting this award-
1. Show the award on your blog (I did that last time so I posted the cute pic above instead)
2. Thank the person who nominated you
3. Share seven facts about yourself
4. Nominate 10 blogs. Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
I’m pretty much an open book. You know what I’m thinking based on my post of the day. So let me try to figure out what to say about myself that doesn’t bore you or sound repetitive based on this week’s posts.
1. I always wanted to have boys growing up. I thought I’d be a better “boy” mom because I never outgrew my tomboy phase. Guess the universe thought otherwise because I have two girls.
2. I am a terrible joke teller. I laugh before the punch line and that’s when I don’t give the joke away before I set it up.
3. I hold conversations with myself daily. Everyone at work knows to ignore me unless I say their name because I think best out loud (as softly as I can).
4. I played the piano growing up and loved classical music. I wanted to put an R&B spin on classical pieces and then Alicia Keys came along. I stopped playing piano because I liked to play by ear and my piano teachers sucked the enjoyment out of it for me with all the technical parts. Side note- a lot people tell me I look like Alicia Keys when they meet me for the first time. She’s gorgeous (don’t take this the wrong way if you ever read this Alicia) but it’s like a sucker punch.
5. The reason the technical side of piano was enough to make me quit is because I’m dyslexic and reading music notes was too difficult. I had to decipher the notes like a code, writing them in pencil, memorizing them, then erasing them from the sheet music. My head would hurt trying to read new songs. I was too embarrassed to tell my music teachers so I would just find a new teacher when they realized I couldn’t read music.
6. My husband and my oldest daughter are both dyslexic (the youngest is yet to be seen, we’ll see in about 3-4 years…).
7. I wanted to be a ballroom dancer when I was little and loved watching competitions. I am way too lazy and not disciplined enough to be an actual ballroom dancer but I’d love to try a class out just to live the fantasy. I would go all in and wear the cute outfit and heels like Vanessa Williams in Dance With Me (I know this is contradictory to my tomboy statement but it’s the truth).
So there you have it, 7 things about me you wouldn’t know from previous posts. I know this isn’t everyone’s thing, so if you aren’t inclined to accept, no worries, I wish you many hits anyway!
My nomination are random participants from my most recent meet and greet. Thanks for participating! While they were selected randomly, they are all deserving of this award and I combed through their blogs and linked the to the post that caught my attention most for one reason or another.
1. Oba The King’soracle– Recent post on the team element of blogging and life
2. Magy Harfoush BeeHive Your Life– Recent post about living your dream
3. Iridescence Light Up The Shining Night Stars– Recent post on being the beautiful person you are
4. amitch90 Mother.Wife.Me.– Recent post reflecting on how to be a better “me”
5. Ellen Hawley Notes From The U.K.– Recent post about the war on imaginary drugs
6. jacquelineobyikocha A Cooking Pot And Twisted Tales– Recent post from a thinking corner
7. Cheyanne Tangerine Wallpaper- Recent post about protection
8. Becky Welcome To My Life, Part 2- Recent post about the blog community
9. Ioana Andreea Boancă Music Teacher Lifestyle– Recent post sharing some things about herself
10. SpiritualJourney17 SpiritualJourney17– Recent post about getting out of a funk